We are warming up engines for the Game JAM.. but CSP is working on gaming industry since two years thanks to the BooGames project. BOO-Games is a project under the INTERREG IVC Programme, where 14 European partners work together to boost the European games industry. INTERREG IVC provides funding for interregional cooperation with the aim to promote exchange and transfer of knowledge and best practices among the European regions. The BooGames objective were to:
- Strengthen the games sector in Europe
- Support regional development authorities in understanding the importance of the games industry for the European economy
- Improve local and regional policies in the fields of digital and interactive media strategy
- Match together less experienced regions with more advanced regions which have already developed policies and strategies to support the game industry
- Enable the transnational networking between regional initiatives in the game sector o better exploit their potential and exchange best practices and success factors
- Contribute to Europe’s innovation and competitiveness by promoting mutual learning by means of interregional cooperation
During the Workshop, Soizic Tsin from the Serious Game Institute will present the result of the first two years of BooGame activities, with a special deepening on the Good Practice Guide that you can download from here
Moreover, Vincent Rey from Ile de France Region and Gabriella Serratrice from the Piedmont Region, two regions partners of the BooGames project, will present their regional strategies to promote digital game industry.
In the second part of the wokshop, Thalita Malago from AESVI (Italian VideoGames Association) will give some hint about the Italian landscape for videogames and serious game, then a round table with local videogame startup representatives presenting their works and discussing their future projects.
In the third part the JamToday project will be presented and some hints on the Game Jam will be provided.. and finally we’ll have time to discuss with a glass in your hands!